- The Formal Presentation is a four-to-six-minute presentation where each business will share details of its product or service with a panel of judges, usually in the form of visual slides.
- Guidelines & information
- A maximum of six minutes will be allowed for each business presentation.
- Timing begins when the presenter begins speaking.
- There is no minimum or maximum number of entrepreneurs that can present.
- Immediately following the presentation, judges will ask questions.
- Others in attendance are not permitted to ask questions or to comment.
- Entrepreneurs must give the presentation live and in person.
- Entrepreneurs are permitted to utilize handouts and other visual aids.
Please review the Formal Presentation Rubric for full judging criteria.
More Reading and Resources
The Only 10 Slides you Need in Your Pitch Deck (5-minute read)
5 TED Talks that will teach you the art of public speaking (5-minute read)
How to Give a Killer Presentation (15-minute read + video examples)